Welcome to the Year 5 Class Page
Class teacher: Mrs C Eilbeck/Teaching Assistant: Mrs K Hamilton
Spring Term 2018
Year 5 RE Topics this term are: Mission, Memorial Sacrifice, Sacrifice, Transformation and Freedom and Responsibility
We are in for a treat this term as for our cross curricula topic we will be learning all about the historical importance of the Ancient Greek Civilisation.
The Great Greeks!
|Literacy: History Links
• Greek Story Telling Visitor- recount work to follow as an extension
· Leaflet: ‘Who were the Great Greeks?
· Greek myths: retelling, play script, character portrait and narrative: Theseus and the Monitor/ Medusa/The Trojan Horse
· Character Profiles for own Greek Mythical Creature
· Newspaper report: The Greek Gazette/Mount Olympus Falls! /Ancient Greek Olympics
· Fact Files: Greek Gods
· Poetry: Greek Gods/ myths link
· Letter: From Theseus to….
|History: The study of the Ancient Greeks through literacy work.|
|Geography: Use maps to locate the where Europe is, with a focus on Greece and its islands.|
|Design: •Collage: Greek Gods •Painting: Greek Gods, Mythical creatures|
|ICT- Literacy links
• Use search engines and online encyclopedia to find information on life in Ancient Greece.
• Research key facts on the Ancient Olympic Games/Make leaflets and fact files for the Greek Gods.
· Create a presentation on ‘Who were the Ancient Greeks’
· Use software to manipulate images to create a panoramic image of a scene from Ancient Greece.
If you have any questions about Y5 work and activities, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Eilbeck.
Thank you for your continued support. Mrs Eilbeck Y5 class teacher.
|Homework||Homework grids will be sent out with each topic. Have fun and earn homework points. Any additional homework will be given on a Friday to be generally handed in the following Tuesday. Please spend some time discussing the homework and /or helping your child with it.
Spellings will be handed out every Thursday to be tested on the following Thursday afternoon.
|Reading||Please ensure your child brings home their reading book or reads a book from home, every night, either out loud or silently and then discusses the book with an adult. Home reading records must be brought in to school every day.|
|P.E. Kits||PE is on a Thursday and Friday (PE kits need to be in school all week in case of extra lessons or additional activities.)|
|Uniform||Please ensure the correct uniform is worn for school. See the office for any orders. Please ensure black shoes are worn.|
Please click below to view documents:-